Tags

Hello everyone!

Today’s card is for CASE Study Challenge #153, where the muse is Jennifer McGuire, and here is the inspiration piece that we’ve got to base our designs on:

CSC154_zps70cc5a3b

How can you not love the simplicity of this card, combined with all those beautiful colours?! Anyway, enough of my gushing…here’s my card:

Case Study Challenge 154. Hexagon dies (@Wplus9 Quilt Cuts), @TTstamps stamp and some @Studio_Calico wood veneer. ©Candles in the Garden

I started by choosing three vibrant Distress Inks and swiping them across some vellum sheets. I heat set them and then die-cut what felt like hundreds of hexagons out of the distress ink vellum – I chose vellum because I wanted to overlap the hexagons.

Case Study Challenge 154. Hexagon dies (@Wplus9 Quilt Cuts), @TTstamps stamp and some @Studio_Calico wood veneer. ©Candles in the Garden

I ran all the coloured hexagons through my sticker maker so that it would be easy to work with them, without glue showing through the vellum. I grabbed a scrap piece of cardstock and started to adhere each one of my hexagons in straight lines, overlapping them as I went on.

Case Study Challenge 154. Hexagon dies (@Wplus9 Quilt Cuts), @TTstamps stamp and some @Studio_Calico wood veneer. ©Candles in the Garden

Even though I stuck the hexagons down in columns, I ended up with horizontal stripes of colour (sort of!), which I was inspired to do from Jennifer’s card. I cut all the way around my zig-zag shape and foam mounted onto my card base. The sentiment comes from Ali Edwards Loving Words stamp set.

Case Study Challenge 154. Hexagon dies (@Wplus9 Quilt Cuts), @TTstamps stamp and some @Studio_Calico wood veneer. ©Candles in the Garden

I embellished with some Potty People wood veneers from Studio Calico and a small die-cut heart.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisements