Tags

Hey everyone!

Stopping by to share a card that I’m entering into the CASE Study Challenge #153. Once again, Jennifer McGuire‘s inspiration card is fantabulous and so perfect for CASEing!

CSC153_zps77d17e3d

The colours are so fresh, and the wreath die-cut is used in such a pretty way…I used those elements as my starting point, and came up with this:

Case Study Challenge 153. Border stamps, Alphabet Dies (@tim_holtz Vintage Market) and a @Wplus9 stamp. ©Candles in the Garden

The flourish border is from Kanban’s Autumn Silhouettes stamp set and I used Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to stamp this twice. I left a gap in between, so that I could add my letter die-cuts.

Case Study Challenge 153. Border stamps, Alphabet Dies (@tim_holtz Vintage Market) and a @Wplus9 stamp. ©Candles in the Garden

I wanted to capture the delicate blending of pool colouring on Jennifer’s flowers, so I created a coloured panel by swiping some Adirondack Pool and Peacock Feathers Distress inks and spritzing with water. After heat-drying, I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Market Sizzlit to die-cut letters to spell out FRIEND.

Case Study Challenge 153. Border stamps, Alphabet Dies (@tim_holtz Vintage Market) and a @Wplus9 stamp. ©Candles in the Garden

I used the same die to die-cut matching letters out of kraft cardstock, so that I could make my letters thicker and stick them directly to the card front in between the stamped flourish borders. I’m hoping you can see the slight blend of the inks in my photos…

Case Study Challenge 153. Border stamps, Alphabet Dies (@tim_holtz Vintage Market) and a @Wplus9 stamp. ©Candles in the Garden

I added some red, punched butterflies around the die-cut letters and stamped a sentiment from the WPLUS9 Written on Ribbon set below them, in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Case Study Challenge 153. Border stamps, Alphabet Dies (@tim_holtz Vintage Market) and a @Wplus9 stamp. ©Candles in the Garden

Thanks for looking!

Advertisements