Hello, hello!

This month’s muse over at the Case Study Challenge blog is none other than the wonderfully talented Jennifer McGuire and here is her inspiration card:

CSC152_zpsa660e27e

The sherbet colours are so complimentary, but instead of using all of them, I stuck to the blues and greens. I also used the image below as another source of inspiration for my card, which I happened to stumble upon in my lengthy travels through Pinterest:

315089904327_kMQojVXR_l

As soon as I saw this image, I knew I wanted to create something similar using the single stripe stamp from the Wplus9 Country Charm set. I started by creating a set of masks in the shapes of the image above. Here’s my card:

Case Study Challenge 152. Distress Ink stripes (@Wplus9 Country Charm) and a @TTStamps stamp.

I used the masks to carefully hide away parts of the white panel before I started stamping. I love how you can play around with clear stamps to adhere them to your block in any way you want – that’s exactly how I created the wavy lines using the stripe stamp – I made sure it followed the contours of my masks.

Case Study Challenge 152. Distress Ink stripes (@Wplus9 Country Charm) and a @TTStamps stamp.

My stamping isn’t perfect, as you can see gaps in between some of the coloured rows, but I liked it all the same…kinda gives it a bit of charm 😉 Thing is, once I was done creating the panel, I thought, ‘What next?’.

Case Study Challenge 152. Distress Ink stripes (@Wplus9 Country Charm) and a @TTStamps stamp.

You must know by now that I loooooovvvveee all the sentiments from the Ali Edwards Loving Words stamp set, coz I keep using the Thank you stamp all the time…and this card was no exception, although instead of stamping it once, I stamped it repeatedly over the triangular shape in the middle of the panel.

Case Study Challenge 152. Distress Ink stripes (@Wplus9 Country Charm) and a @TTStamps stamp.

I decided to foam mount my panel on a kraft card base instead of a white one so that it wasn’t so stark – I think kraft often gives a card some warmth… Finally, I added some iridescent sequins.

Case Study Challenge 152. Distress Ink stripes (@Wplus9 Country Charm) and a @TTStamps stamp.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisements