CASE Study Challenge 150. Layered die-cutting and punched butterflies.

CASE Study Challenge #151

Hello everyone!

Quick post today showing you a card that I’m entering into CASE Study Challenge #151, based on another wonderful inspiration piece from the July muse, Jocelyn Olson.

CSC151_zps6e7b4abf

I seem to be doing a lot of neon lately, so wondered where I could go next. Here’s my card:

CASE Study Challenge 150. Layered die-cutting and punched butterflies.

I started by creating a background panel using Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, and then die-cut my negative space with a die from WPlus9’s Circle Stackers 1.

CASE Study Challenge 150. Layered die-cutting and punched butterflies.

I inserted a neon yellow die-cut back into the negative space, shifted the die across, and ran it through my Grand Calibur again. This removed a piece from the neon yellow die-cut, behind which I added some neon orange cardstock.

CASE Study Challenge 150. Layered die-cutting and punched butterflies.

I foam mounted the panel to my card base and added some flapping punched butterflies.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “CASE Study Challenge #151

  1. wienerhoneymooners says:

    Super lovely, and the delivate hand edging with the mini photo corner touches, Fantabulous! Black butterfliesm ………..swoon!! You Rocked it AGAIN!

    You are the one to watch, peeps take note!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s