Hello everyone!

When I saw the inspiration card by Jocelyn Olson for CASE Study Challenge #150, I knew I had to play along…let’s face it, you could go anywhere with this design, its such a great starting point!

CSC150_zps42aa7de6

I love the overlapping petals, and the amazing range of colours on this one. Here’s what I came up with:

Case Study Challenge 150 using @HeyMamaEleph stamps. ©Candles in the Garden

I’ve been using the Mama Elephant Smitten stamp set a lot lately, and I thought the feather would be perfect for creating another circular pattern. I started by cutting down two pieces of white cardstock down to slightly smaller than my card base, and equally marked up sixteen points around a circle. These would be my stamping guides because I wanted to create two panels exactly the same.

Case Study Challenge 150 using @HeyMamaEleph stamps. ©Candles in the Garden

I used a range of Distress Inks, Hero Arts Shadow Inks and Adirondack Dye Inks in colours that I thought matched Jocelyn’s card, and repeatedly stamped the feather around in a circle (twice!).

CASE_THANK_RGB_DSC_0136

One panel was foam mounted to my card base, and out of the other one I die-cut the Spellbinders Parisian Accent shape. I used the same die to cut three more shapes out of a chocolate brown cardstock, and one more out of some vellum. I layered them altogether, with the vellum at the top followed by the stamped piece, and ending with the three layers of cardstock. All layers except for the vellum were stuck together with Glossy Accents. I used my Xyron Create-a-sticker for the vellum to make sure I got an even coverage of adhesive.

CASE_THANK_RGB_DSC_0144

This gave me a really chunky embellishment which again, was stuck down with Glossy Accents, matching up with the pattern beneath. The sentiment comes from Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisements